Liftlines Forums

First Tracks!! Online Home | Forum Home

Switch to full style
Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in eastern US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.
Post a reply

Stowe?

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:56 pm

Anyone been to Stowe and can report on recent conditions? Want to head up there, but hate to trek all the way out there if it's not worth it.

Re: Stowe?

Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:54 am

We were there 2016-03-18 and the open runs were in excellent shape. They'd had received 3"-4" of snow overnight - we had a blast!

IMG_2536 (Large) (2).JPG
Nosedive - fresh snow - 2016-03-18am

(Not sure why the system keeps rotating the picture by 90 degrees?)
Last edited by admafw on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:01 am

The system isn't rotating it. It's displaying the way that the photo was taken. You have to rotate it to the correct positioning within a photo editing software. Whatever photo viewer you are using looks at the exif data and rotates it for your viewing only automatically. The server can't do that.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:16 am

no problem - tried rotating it (shows rotated on my pc) - I'm just going to tell everyone that's how steep Nosedive is!

Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:11 pm

admafw wrote:no problem - tried rotating it (shows rotated on my pc) - I'm just going to tell everyone that's how steep Nosedive is!

And then you need to save it in that (correctly) rotated position.

Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:41 am

And if your up there..check out Jay Peak..90% open...worth the extra hour.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:37 am

Wow...is that ever steep! Certainly looks great for last season's dismal season. Hope the weather systems cooperate this winter...

Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:24 pm

BigSpencer wrote:Wow...is that ever steep! Certainly looks great for last season's dismal season. Hope the weather systems cooperate this winter...

It was as magic a day as we got out East last year, especially after we'd been kicked off the lifts the day before at Mt Ellen because of a thunder storm. The vertical at Stowe has that magical ability to generate a snow cloud when all around it is bare. Here's an image from Lift Line, late March 2014 - lets hope winter 2017 looks like this!

stowe base image.jpg
Lift Line, Stowe, only 7 x 300' Ontario hills to go...
Post a reply
All content herein copyright 1999-2017 First Tracks!! Online Media