Stowe?

Jem

Anyone been to Stowe and can report on recent conditions? Want to head up there, but hate to trek all the way out there if it's not worth it.

We were there 2016-03-18 and the open runs were in excellent shape. They'd had received 3"-4" of snow overnight - we had a blast!

IMG_2536 (Large) (2).JPG

(Not sure why the system keeps rotating the picture by 90 degrees?)

The system isn't rotating it. It's displaying the way that the photo was taken. You have to rotate it to the correct positioning within a photo editing software. Whatever photo viewer you are using looks at the exif data and rotates it for your viewing only automatically. The server can't do that.

no problem - tried rotating it (shows rotated on my pc) - I'm just going to tell everyone that's how steep Nosedive is!

admafw":l6n7nh5x said:
no problem - tried rotating it (shows rotated on my pc) - I'm just going to tell everyone that's how steep Nosedive is!
And then you need to save it in that (correctly) rotated position.

Wow...is that ever steep! Certainly looks great for last season's dismal season. Hope the weather systems cooperate this winter...

BigSpencer":1ww6wsgs said:
Wow...is that ever steep! Certainly looks great for last season's dismal season. Hope the weather systems cooperate this winter...

It was as magic a day as we got out East last year, especially after we'd been kicked off the lifts the day before at Mt Ellen because of a thunder storm. The vertical at Stowe has that magical ability to generate a snow cloud when all around it is bare. Here's an image from Lift Line, late March 2014 - lets hope winter 2017 looks like this!

stowe base image.jpg

Back