Winter is back

kingslug

Winter is back. ALL the eastern resorts are getting dumped on. Nice. Mark, you can always fly out to Stowe, or your old stomping ground jay.

LOL. Not to mention that it's in the Northeast. ;-) I'm actually flying to New England on Saturday but I won't be bringing any ski gear.

Admin":im5vsvf6 said:
LOL. Not to mention that it's in the Northeast. ;-) I'm actually flying to New England on Saturday but I won't be bringing any ski gear.
Then you be missing out. VT could end up with 30 inches by then.

Actually admin should consider taking ski gear if he's going East anyway. But my guess is that when he's done with family business he'll leave immediately.

jasoncapecod":1pe0qknb said:
25" of high density wind driven snow , doesn't get you all hot and bothered ??

Yea, we had about 20" of new snow (although hard to tell exactly. Was very windy and snow drifted all around). And it was dense (but not "wet"), wind-driven snow but it should be good for the NE ski areas once they get it all groomed out. Will be cold the next few days and perhaps some more snow on Saturday. Will definitely help the late-season skiing around here. Although I would NOT lug my skis from Utah to ski for a day or two!

I've lugged my skis for a 3 day getaway to Utah for a long time.
And, Stowe and Alta have about the same vertical. Although Alta has 5 times the acreage. Western folk might feel a bit claustrophobic.

kingslug":10r1jwh5 said:
And, Stowe and Alta have about the same vertical. Although Alta has 5 times the acreage. Western folk might feel a bit claustrophobic.
That's trail acreage of 500 or so at Stowe. JSpin will remind us that Stowe is 2,500 acres boundary to boundary. In terms of ski reality, I believe Stowe skis about like a 1,500 acre western area. The local woodchucks will say I'm too conservative with that estimate.

Tony Crocker":2g92l7ug said:
That's trail acreage of 500 or so at Stowe. JSpin will remind us that Stowe is 2,500 acres boundary to boundary. In terms of ski reality, I believe Stowe skis about like a 1,500 acre western area. The local woodchucks will say I'm too conservative with that estimate.
When Stowe first instituted their boundary-to-boundry policy, iirc they said it equated to about 1200 acres of skiable terrain. They did some sort of guesstimation to remove cliffs and the numerous ever tangled, essentially impenetrable sections of woods.

Back