Eastern Closing Dates (planned or probable)

Patrick

Okay so Jim mentioned something of a rumour that K might be closing in April. What is out there right now? Who is closing when? Or planning to close when?

Here is an edited list with your updates:

QC:
Massif - April 9
Tremblant - April 17
Le Valinouet - April 22
Val d'Irène - April 23 (probably)
Mt. Comi - April 23, maybe later.
Ste. Anne - April 30
St. Sauveur - late April

NY:
Hunter - April 15
Whiteface - April 16
Gore - April 16

VT:
Mad River Glen - April 1
Burke - April 2
Smuggs - April 16
Jay - April 23 (probably last weekend)
Stowe - April 23
Sugarbush - April 23 (maybe 30)
Killington - May 1

NH:
Cannon - April 2
Waterville - April 9
Wildcat - April 16
Loon - April 17

ME:
Saddleback - April 16
Sugarloaf - April 16
Sunday River - April 17

Mad is closing on Sunday. Maybe earlier. :?

What a day for skiing! The blue skies and warm temps have forced skiers to strip down to their t-shirts and sunglasses...and of course, their snow pants. The upper mountain is still skiing very well with classic spring conditions while the lower part has lost quite a bit of coverage and can now only offer Bunny. Our intentions are to push through the weekend with Sunday being the last day of our ski season; however, the forecast for Saturday may halt our efforts. Again, we will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Tomorrow we plan to operate the Single Chair with skiing on 16 trails, though that number may change as Patrol reviews conditions on the lower mountain. ATTENTION! TICKET PRICES HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO $30 FOR EVERYONE!

I'm going tomorrow, just hoping there isn't any R.

As of this morning MSSI has closed the following for the Season
Morin Heights
Olympia
Gabriel
Edelweis

Meanwhile Alta is still open !!! :lol:

Anthony":a6tvgs20 said:
As of this morning MSSI has closed the following for the Season
Morin Heights
Olympia
Gabriel
Edelweis

Meanwhile Alta is still open !!! :lol:

SWEEEEEET. My Edelweis pass is now good at Sauver and Jay, no extra $$$$.

Spensar":15lho0kp said:
SWEEEEEET. My Edelweis pass is now good at Sauver and Jay, no extra $$$$.

Get to Jay this weekend! They're expecting BIG SNOW this week... 12-18in of really dense stuff... Perfect kind of snow for this time of the season! It doesn't matter what's under, this type of snow will keep you floating on top a lot easier then white champagne!

Too bad my riding season is almost over... i'm going biking to Colorado and Utah until the 16th... after that, we never know what can happen!

Waterville... 04-09
Loon ...04-16
Sunday River...04-16 announced today. Free day April 17th
Sugarloaf...04-16

BobR":1mjj8iw4 said:

If they're closing on the 16th, they'd sure have cajones charging for the 17th!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Admin":2c8b7z2o said:
BobR":2c8b7z2o said:

If they're closing on the 16th, they'd sure have cajones charging for the 17th!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

I guess I won't be going to Sunday River on May 6, their original schedule May Free Ski Day. :roll:

Ski Free Day
04/17/2006

Come on up and join us for our traditional Ski Free Day to close out the 2005-06 winter season. You'll find outdoor barbecues, music, sunshine, and of course spring skiing and riding.

This will the last day of operations for the season.

Is anyone going to make it to May this year? Normally this isn't an issue, but I'm starting to wonder.

Especially that SR has shorten their planned ski season. No recent news on Kmart or MSS yet? :roll:

If so, I wonder when the last time not one ski area in the East has made it to May? I definitely didn't have a drivers license back then (at least 25 years).

Just looked up in the FTO Archives section and found it for K:

As for Killington, the last time they didn't make it to May was 1973-74 when they closed on April 30th.

Sorry 17th is closing date for the river. :roll:
16th is the last day tickets will be sold.
I'll be there the 17th. Its a fun event, just to early. In years past there was a period of time between the closing and the re-opening for May day.

BobR":3q18q4v5 said:
In years past there was a period of time between the closing and the re-opening for May day.
I haven't kept tracked, but I only recall seeing that happen 2 or 3 times. In the "were trying to beat Killington" days, I recall skiing White Heat on May 28th. Probably in 1994.

Anyway, we had planned a trip down for May. I'll have to try another place to ski and it's not going to be in Quebec.

As mentioned above Ste.Anne which generally has it fixed closing date on the first weekend of May, is set to close on April 30th. I saw a press release from St. Sauveur mentioning closing in late April. Not May!!!

That will be the first time I recall no Quebec ski area still open in May. Not a good trend at all. :?

The number of ski areas in the East that are still open will drop drastically after Easter weekend.

In the last weekend, Sutton in Quebec has closed for the season. A number of Quebec areas have closed midwee. Some are schedule to open for next weekend while other will make a decision once the long weekend is here. The same logic applies all over the East, so next Monday or Tuesday will have a better ideas on who's left standing.

Back