Killington, VT 5/11/00

Matt Duffy

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 5/12/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>It was worth it! There were a few people skiing the grass and <BR>rocks, too. This is an activity in which I've often partaken with a smile in <BR>the past; but those skis I could care less about have been collecting dust <BR>since early November. I was on my #1 skis, so I was not above taking them <BR>off. The skiing must have been pretty good, because I took them off at the <BR>top of that mushy, silky sweet bump run many, many times today. Yup, I kept <BR>going back for more of that wet corn splash splashing action without even <BR>questioning it. It was a cool bluebird breezy day that had no business <BR>coming to an end. Moguls kept getting softer, just loading up with TNT and <BR>exploding with a kapow kapow kapow. Covered head to toe with a wet granular <BR>grin, I did not want to leave. Laugh if you wish, the weather this season <BR>has not even detracted an inkling of the quality, the fun, or the pure <BR>greatness that was 98/99. It has been my best ever. The awesome spirit of <BR>winter has burned inside me more brightly than ever. I'm more in love with <BR>the sport than ever before. I'm desperately hanging on to a season that I <BR>will never forget. I will not let go, I refuse!

Back