Tuckerman Ravine, Mt. Washington, NH 5/30/99

Gil

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 6/9/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I was up there on may 30th.. there is still plenty of snow. <BR>On the 28th, Hillmans Highway had a very narrow section at the midway point, you would have to walk over it by now. <BR>left Gully was in good shape (it did loose snow (10-20 feet) between the 22nd and 30th). BTW; if you find a lense from a pair of eye glasses up on left gully, it is most likely mine :) <BR>there is a good toe trail from the lunch rocks up to below the center head wall (the most common route down). the snow is getting dirty so you don't go far past the lunch rocks unless you have a lot of speed (they need to build that jump closer to lunch rocks ;-) <BR>I also got a run down from above the lunch rocks but that is getting shorter. <BR>There was three big hunks of ice that came crashing down on the 30th (didn't have a camera in hand so never got a picture), so keep an eye out for ice. there was a good collection of ice/snow up on the water fall just waiting to come down.

Back