Sugarbush Wednesday November 10th, 1999

RandyW

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/10/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR> In between a breakfast burrito at the Warren Store and <BR>a sandwich for lunch at Mehuron's, I got in a few runs <BR>at Sugarbush on Day 2 of their season. <BR> <BR>The really nice part: Jester to Downspout off of the 1,445 <BR>vertical Heaven's Gate has full width cover (These are not really wide <BR>trails, but it's still cool). Down near the bottom of Downspout <BR>there was some bamboo marking off some open spots in a few <BR>of the water bars. <BR> <BR>The not so nice part: If you didn't notice or don't live around here, <BR>it got really warm overnight. The snow pack softened all the way <BR>through. They lost a lot of snow around the unload ramp on the Sugar <BR>Bravo quad (used for getting up the mountain) and you had to ride <BR>up with your skiis in your lap. The snow started a few feet from <BR>the unload ramp and I immediately sunk about 6 or 8 inches into <BR>soft, rotten, unconsolidated snow. The did not groom this morning: <BR>it was just too soft. The top of Ripcord under the chair was 95% bare. <BR>The snow was too soft to carve on using alpine gear, the snowboarders <BR>were having a better time of it and the ones who arc'd really sharply <BR>were making deep ruts into the snow. I was continually unweighting to <BR>stay on top of it. However, it beats hanging out in the office <BR> <BR>These surface conditions are about to be history as the weather <BR>forecast below shows. Some single digit temps for Friday AM. <BR> <BR>- Randy <BR> <BR>CALEDONIA-ESSEX VT-LAMOILLE-ORANGE-ORLEANS-WASHINGTON- <BR>INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTPELIER...NEWPORT...ST. JOHNSBURY <BR>354 PM EST WED NOV 10 1999 <BR> <BR>.TONIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF LIGHT RAIN EARLY...POSSIBLY <BR>ENDING AS A BRIEF PERIOD OF SNOW WITH NO ACCUMULATION EXPECTED. <BR>CLEARING LATE. LOW IN THE MID 20S. NORTH WIND INCREASING TO 10 TO <BR>20 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT. <BR>.THURSDAY...SUNNY AND COLD. HIGH IN THE MID 30S. NORTHWEST WIND <BR>10 TO 20 MPH...DIMINISHING TO 10 MPH OR LESS DURING THE AFTERNOON. <BR>.THURSDAY NIGHT...CLEAR AND COLD. LOW 10 TO 15...EXCEPT ZERO TO 10 <BR>ABOVE ZERO IN THE MORE SHELTERED VALLEYS. <BR>.FRIDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY LATE. HIGH 35 TO 40. <BR> <BR>.EXTENDED FORECAST... <BR>.FRIDAY NIGHT...A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. LOW AROUND 20. <BR>.SATURDAY...A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS EARLY...THEN BECOMING PARTLY <BR>SUNNY. HIGH AROUND 40. <BR>.SUNDAY...INCREASING CLOUDINESS. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS DURING <BR>THE AFTERNOON. LOW 25 TO 30. HIGH IN THE LOWER 40S. <BR>.MONDAY...A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. LOW 25 TO 30. HIGH <BR>AROUND 40. <BR> <BR>-

Back