SB 11/10

Mike

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/11/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>The lift served season started today for me, as I got a few hours in at the <BR>Bush today. I got there about 9:00, and got my pass. I waited for some <BR>friends to show up and we took off. As Randy reported, the snow was totally <BR>soft, and punky. Pure glop. I had my mid fats with me, but could have used <BR>the real fats. It became apparent to me that I had to pay attention because <BR>the skis tended to cut into the snow and then stop, which had tremendous <BR>potential for knee damage. My tendency is to carve on the outside ski, but <BR>this was not working too well. After a few runs it got skied in a bit and <BR>got a bit easier. I started to get my legs back and had some fun. The best <BR>way to handle the snow was to slide your turns a bit and weight both skis <BR>more equally. Then it started to rain, about 11:30. We were going to quit <BR>anyway, but the rain did us in. I did have a good time, and was an ok start <BR>to the season. The 18" of fluff i hiked for at MRG was alot better though. <BR>Right now, It is about 43 degrees in Waitsfield, and has stopped raining. I <BR>guess the cold front is moving through. About an hour ago it was 55 and <BR>pouring. It wouldn't suprise me if SB is closed tomorrow. I doubt it would <BR>be worth skiing if it is open. I think they will need a day to groom and <BR>blow more snow. Friday looks good(sort of). <BR> <BR>Lets pray for snow! <BR> <BR>Mike

Back