Okemo, VT 11/14/99

Jeff

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/16/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>My 14-year old son and I got our first turns of the season at Okemo. We took advantage of the $10 off coupons, so our lift tickets were $20 and $25 respectively. The mountain was very foggy when we started skiing at 9:10 a.m. We rode up the F-10 poma and the Sachem quad, skied down to the bottom of Lower World Cup, and rode the Northstar Express to the top. From <BR>there we had the choice to skier's left of Sapphire, to Route 103, to Upper Arrow, or to skier's right of Upper World Cup or Defiance. The temperature was in the 40's and I doubt that they had been able to make snow the <BR>previous night, so the snow had a cream cheese consistency, with occasional patches of hard pack in the middle of the trail. Several places were thin, but there were few rocks poking through. The fog made us cautious for our first few runs, but we enjoyed exercising our skiing legs after months of dormancy. Eventually we could see where we were going and began to get some rhythm. By noon, my legs were like rubber bands, so we called it quits. We were in the lodge removing our boots when the rain began, so we felt fortunate about our timing. <BR> <BR>This week's cold weather makes me hopeful about mo' better skiing next weekend.

Back