Sugarbush, VT 11/17/99

Matt Duffy

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/17/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Two awesome powder days in a row? Mid November? This is absolutely nuts!!! They reported 25 trails open, and the price was still $25. I fully expected a rate increase, and I was ready to pay the $35 I expected it to <BR>be. It would have been worth 35, easy. Days like these are priceless! <BR> <BR>I wasn't able to spot anyone with familiar faces or recognizable symbols. If <BR>anybody saw a guy with a blue jacket, orange boots and a big honkin' fat pair of red elans, that was me. They are missing a 4 inch segment of edge, but they could have had no edges at all and I wouldn't have known the difference. The woods were full of dynamite fluff that turned to smoke when you passed through it. Paradise was full of loose chopped up pow by the time I arrived, but the snow was still a flyin' on it with full throttle floating. It was the kind of stuff where you just let 'em run like hell with now jarring, no impact whatsoever. I was making big wide high speed turns on through all the puffy white piles of fine, smokey, deep... dust. The smoke was a swirlin' in the air and in the wake of all the snow riders who made minimal effort to do just about anything. I found a sweet untouched shot in the woods off Jester where I pushed a pile of weightless puh all the way trough 'til it grew large enough to slow me as I exited onto a trail. When I hit the broken up pow on piste, the pile disintegrated into tiny particles that whirled about as I left it behind. This is not supposed to happen in November. This didn't happen until March last year...

Back