Killington, VT 11/17/99

Geoff

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/17/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>OK, I'm a lazy slug and didn't drive up to Sugarbush today. Kmart got 16" at the top and maybe 8" at the parking lot. I hit the K1 lift at 9:00 and got first tracks on Catwalk. There were just enough drifts on skier's left that I didn't hit "much" on the way down. I then rode the Glades lift and got 2nd tracks on West Glade. Awesome with thigh deep windblown the whole way down on skier's left. I did a few laps on that and a skier's right on upper Double Dipper. Again, knee deep windblown that was completely untracked. I then started doing loops of West Glade, hike to the top of Snowdon, and ski anything that hadn't been rolled. The pomma liftline was great. Chute was great. Upper Northstar was excellent though the lower part was quite thin. I also did an Upper Great Bear but I'd had the chance to look up the lower part traversing out from Northstar so I didn't bother with that. West Glade was roped off 'till around noontime but they were pretty relaxed about letting people ski it. Upper Double Dipper was roped off all day for some reason. They weren't stopping people from hiking up to Snowdon and that was the place to be all day. <BR> <BR>I did two awesome face plants crossing water bars. "Click-click-THUD". On one of them up on West Glade, my skis got stuck in the stream and it took me 5 minutes to get the mud and ice off the bottoms. <BR> <BR>They're blowing snow like crazy. Skyelark/Bittersweet should be open in a day or two. Lower Chute to the Snowdon Quad has guns on it. On my last run, I was standing at the top of Chute under the quad and heard somebody shout "Start the auxiliary" so that lift should be online any minute. They're also blowing Snowshed and all the connecting trails to get from Kbase to the Snowdon Quad and Kbase down to Snowshed.

Back