Stowe, VT 11/18/99 Opening Day

Gil

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 11/19/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>all I can say is lots of powder and opening day, a great combo!!!!! <BR> <BR>a friend and I decided Stowe would be our destination for Thursday and I'm glad it was... had lots of fun... Helped some skiers search for one of their skis. (he skied into the deep powder along one side of a trail and popped out of the ski..) the two of us gave up searching after about 20 mins.. those skiers need to do what snow boarders do and wear a leash on their skis. I don't think he found it. <BR> <BR>my friend (he is a patroller at another ski area) helped some Stowe patrollers pull a boarder out of one of the glades.. (the boarder messed up his leg) <BR> <BR>broke one of my three section poles, but hey, there was powder. Does anyone know were to get parts for a Leki ski pole? (broke the threaded stud off the top of the middle section) <BR> <BR>my body doesn't like me today but it was worth going...

Back