Killington, VT 12/1/99

randy w

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/1/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Today was a $20 for Vermonter day at Killington. Window lift ticket price was $25. <BR> <BR>There were two lifts open - the Superstar quad and a chair on the Snowshed novice slope. I was only on the Superstar quad while I was there. <BR> <BR>There was one way down off Superstar - Upper SkyeLark (rated black, but on the black/blue border) down to Lower Bittersweet(rated blue). There were snow guns running on the above run, on Snowshed, on the connectors between Superstar and Snowshed, and on Header(the Rams Head easy blue lift line trail). There were no guns running on Snowden or Killington peak. <BR> <BR>The guns off the Superstar lift were only on the middle half section of the run. <BR> <BR>When I left at mid-day the chair was about 1/3 to 1/2 full, which made for slight crowding on the trail, I think once or twice per run I had to adjust my line because of a slow skier traversing in front of me. <BR> <BR>The trail opened yesterday afternoon and *has* *not* *been* *groomed* since it has opened. This combined with the fact that this is the beginning of the season (with no ice in the base) resulted in some very nice bumps. <BR> <BR>The upper section down to the crossover to the Superstar trail just below where Great Eastern crosses had few bumps and some snowmaking whales which meant you started your run with GS turns and you could get some air off the whales. <BR> <BR>Below this point, there were lots of guns, running dry - I didn't get any ice on my goggles unless I was very close to a gun. From here on down, there were fun machine snow bumps. Because it's a new base, there wasn't any of that machine snow ice in the bump troughs. <BR> <BR>Not the powder heaven of two weeks ago, but it's still good.

Back