Mt. Snow, VT 12/1/99

cd

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/1/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>New to this site and real glad I found it! Finally some real world info we can use!! <BR> <BR>After some solid snowmaking weather and a few inches of natural, Mt. Snow is again offering top-to-bottom on both main mt. and north face (it apparently was north face only and download the front summit quad yesterday). Chute was open on the north face and they were blowing snow on Fallen Timbers. Main mt. was Upper Canyon> Canyon> Standard (y'know, one way down but three trails claimed open...). Decent man-made packed powder with occasional wind-collected powder. Very few bumps had developed on either side and trees obviously not an option so it was a cruisin day. Coldest day yet and the guns didn't help- had to stop many times just from unbearable wind chill on face. True to form though, at least the lift ride on the north face was nice with wind at back and sun in face! <BR> <BR>After the big Thanksgiving thaw, they're basically back to where I last saw them on 11/19 (still hard to believe it was pure powda at K only a few days before). Let's hope they can keep it going this time!

Back