Sugarbush, VT 05DEC99

Jay Silveira

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/6/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>On Sunday I visited Sugarbush North for the first time this season with <BR>my friends E and Mango. It was a toy collection day I believe, but <BR>through whatever discounts were running, E's lift ticket price with a <BR>Sugarcard was about $17.50. The route they have open (essentially just <BR>one route) was Rim Run to Elbow to Spread Eagle to Lower Rim Run to <BR>Cruiser. It gave you all the vertical except the flat stuff below the <BR>Green Mountain Quad (download there) for a total of something like 2000' <BR>vertical feet. They were running the interconnect, but it required <BR>downloading on the Gate House Chair once you got to South. Conditions <BR>were generally overcast with a few patches of blue sky, temperatures <BR>were around 40 degrees, and the snow was soft and very carveable. <BR>Coverage was getting thin in places due to the warm weather, but you <BR>could still run the whole vertical without having to really worry about <BR>hitting rocks with your skis. It was nice to be back at North for the <BR>first time this season, and it will of course be better when they open <BR>additional terrain. It was cloudy at the top, so I couldn't see if <BR>they'd blown much snow on Upper FIS, but none of the mid to lower <BR>mountain stuff seemed to have snow other than the open route. There <BR>were some areas of natural snow around, mostly patchy in the upper <BR>elevations as I recall. <BR> <BR>J.Spin

Back