Sugarbush, VT 12/9-12/11/1999

joe

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/11/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Thursday: limited terrain, mediocre conditions <BR>Friday: more of the same, but with some rain <BR>Saturday (today): POWDER!!! <BR> <BR>I went to bed in a condo right on the mountain last night and the precipitation was just changing over from rain to snow (that was about midnight). This morning there was a solid 8 inches out by my car. Terrain was still limited to what had been open previously, but it was covered with what was probably a foot of fresh snow, and it kept on snowing until left (I had to be out of there by 1). <BR> <BR>So, there wasn't much open, but what was open was good. I skied off the Heaven's Gate triple today (there wasn't really anything else). Jester and Organ Grinder were open. Jester started with some nice ankle deep snow on it, but got packed down by late morning. Organ Grinder still has massive icy bumps under that fresh snow. It was a bt rough up top, but the lower part of the run was beautiful. They were also blowing a lot of snow, but I don't know where (visibility was minimal). Oh yeah, it was really windy with limited visibility, but that was really just an insignificant detail. The skiing was great (especially after having watched it rain only 12 hours earlier). I'll be looking to see what the total was for this storm. I have a friend who should have just left the mountain. I may post an update if she has anything ineteresting to say about the afternoon. <BR> <BR>joe <BR> <BR>http://EasternSkiing.com

Back