Killington, VT 12/15/99

randy w

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/16/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Killington was reporting something like 2 to 5" new and that <BR>seemed to be correct. I loaded the K1 ganjala at about 9:45 <BR>this morning and there were light crowds - people riding every <BR>other K1 car, but with the limited terrain, everything was pretty <BR>well tracked out by the time I hit the hill. <BR>Because it was warm yesterday evening, they apparently did not <BR>groom many trails last night or this morning, so it was the fun of <BR>the lumps and humps and semi-bumps, and the not-fun of the high <BR>traffic polished areas. Natural snow trail West Glade was open <BR>and fun. Guns were roaring all over the place on Snowden. <BR>Upper SkyeLark/Lower Bittersweet was also ungroomed with some <BR>lumps and low humps and polished spots. <BR>They were starting up 11 or 12 guns on the Superstar headwall. Yay ! <BR>Window price for lift tickets is $45, I used a Mobil coupon. <BR> <BR>Looks like starting Thursday night, there will be reasonable <BR>snowmaking weather, maybe until well beyond Christmas.

Back