Okemo, VT 12/19/99

Colin

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/20/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Well, I finally got my first day in on snow, did the VT/NH local half day at Okemo. Gotta love getting an afternoon for only $15. <BR> <BR>The conditions were surprisingly good, considering it has not snowed much lately, not at all for a few days. Okemo has alot of terrain open, three chairs to the summit, and at least two ways down from each lift, so boredom was not a factor. I figured, first day out, anything other than boilerplate and I would be happy. There was about two inches of loose snow on top of hardpack, and only a few icy patches at mid-day. I was able to ski in soft snow on the sides of all trails from top to bottom until late in the day. World Cup, from the Quad chair (don't know the name) was the best run I found. No crowds, mostly soft snow, o few bunps building up making for some fun spots. Towards the end of the day, some loose rocks were poking through, but by then the legs were softening up, so I bagged and left. <BR> <BR>Overall, never had to wait in a line for anything, not too many touristas, and pretty good snow. I have not been to Okemo for a few years, and there is more there than I remember. Looking forward to going with fresh snow when everything is open.

Back