Okemo, VT 12/17/99

GregB

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/20/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I've been in the process of moving to Shirley Mass over the past few weeks so I haven't been able to ride on snow for a while. I took Friday off of work and headed to Okemo to try out my new Dynastar ATV's. Okemo had about five or six top to bottom runs. All trails groomed flat. Not a mogul to be found. Disappointing! The conditions were pretty good for man made hardpack. There was a mix of powder and sugar granular on top of a hardpacked base but the lack of people helped for the good conditions to hold up most of the day. The Dynastars were really nice on the groomed. They made for some sweet carving but I wanted to try them in a variety of conditions. Does anyone know how these skies handle in powder, crud, and bumps? Just a warning for those of you who bought the Vermont Youth Corp. ski pass. Make sure you carefully read where to get your ticket redeemed. I went to the skier services desk in the main base lodge at Okemo to get my ticket redeemed. After several people with confused looks on their faces looked at the pass book, one of them tore out the Okemo pass and then told me I need to go back down to a building near the parking lot to redeem the pass. When I went there, they told me I wasn't supposed to rip out the coupon and had to call back up to the other desk that ripped it out to confirm that they ripped it out. This adventure took about half an hour just to get a ticket so read the redemption location carefully. Each area has a different place for redemption.

Back