Killington, VT 12/21-23/99

Garry

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/24/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Made it up to K with only small delays (car troubles from last weekend's trip north). Actually, I was only home for about 5 minutes on Monday to change before heading back out the door to pick up my car an hour north of Prov. and continue north. I am in the middle of skiing 6 out of 10 days. I have today and tomorrow off (from skiing). <BR> <BR>It poured rain/slush all the way to K on Monday night so I wasn't expecting great skiing on Tuesday. Tuesday was the classic New England ski day. Cold with groomed ice. But just like Matt Duffy, I liked it. Everything that was open was groomed and were firm but edgeable with some softer snow on the sides of the trails. We (my brother and I) cruised the whole mountain. We started on Superstar chair and saw they were setting up snow guns on Superstar and Skye/Bittersweet. We would be back for some softer turns in the afternoon on Skye/bittersweet. After cruising around we did multiple laps on Skye/Bittersweet under the guns. <BR> <BR>They turned 61 guns on Superstar and blasted it from Tuesday morning until we left on Thursday. Skye lark/ Bittersweet and Superstar had great snow on them Wednesday and Thursday. <BR> <BR>Superstar opened on Wednesday and it was a blast, big whales of snowmaking snow and no grooming! Skye/Bitter also had great snow but was groomed flat. The bumps didn't start forming until late in the day. We stayed on those trails until we hit the Long trail Pub for lunch. Then back out to do some more laps on Superstar. Then Peter called it quits. He said, "I'm going to do some cruisers." I said " your going to ski the flat trails?". We meet up later for drinks at Mother Shaprio's and Dinner at the Wobbly Barn. <BR> <BR>Peter, too bad you couldn't have skied Thursday with us. Superstar was great. We had a leg burning time and those 420 glades kept getting better.

Back