Jiminy Peak, MA 12/24/99

Mike Beach

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/25/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>On the way to Jiminy it was snowing but the sun was out. Perfect conditions if you ask me. Got to Jiminy, 18 degrees outside, got our snowboards and lift tickets and headed up the novice lift for 2 warmup runs. They had 14 trails open and 4 lifts open in the morning. No lift lines at all, the biggest one was about 15-20 people, about 1 minute long line. Boarded Left Bank, the longest trail at 2 miles. Hardly any ice, mostly packed powder. Went over to West Way, about 4-5 inches of powder in one place. The opened Widow Whites Peak around midday. Didn't make it up there. Saw the new summit lodge, looked nice but i didn't make it in. No crowds, good snow, and the sun made for a perfect ski day at Jiminy Peak. They now have 20 tails open and plan on having 26 open by early next week. Halfpipe should be open soon. Can't wait till we go to Arapahoe Basin, CO next June. MB

Back