Mt. Snow, VT 12/26/99

joe

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/27/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I've actually been skiing at Mount Snow for the past three days, but I've been cut off from the net. <BR> <BR>There was a fair amount of terrain open, though their claims of having 70% of the mountain open to fulfill their "guarunteed white christmas" seemed to be somewhat exagerrated. They do have a good deal of terrain open, especially for December. It's been really cold for the last few days, so they've been able to make a lot of snow. <BR> <BR>The snow was pretty solid, with ice appearing later in the day. This afternoon the North Face was getting icy (though with well-tuned skis it really wasn't bad), but the snow over at Carinthia was nice hardpack with very little ice. They have ripcord open, though it didn't seem worth the trouble. I tried it once and decided that I have better things to do. Beartrap, on the other hand, was a lot of fun with some little bumps to play on, though it deteriorated a bit since it opened yesterday (12/25). There was plenty of good cruising all over the mountain. The crowds weren't bad at all, though they'll probably get worse in the next few days. <BR> <BR> <BR>joe <BR> <BR>http://EasternSkiing.com

Back