Sugarbush, VT 12/27/99

Dylan

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 12/28/99. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Got a dusting in West Lebanon. Headed up to Sugarbush hoping to catch up with some of the crew who have a house on the Mad River access road. I started out a little later than I wanted, but still managed to catch a couple before they left. They we're the second shift to leave. The first called over to tell us that the Castle Rock area was open. Needless to <BR>say that's where we headed. <BR> <BR>We took a warm up to get over to the Castle Rock chair. I should have taken another before jumping right into the mix. Nothing like you first day having to keep up with a kid who runs marathons and enjoys the uphill climb when mountain biking rather than the downs. Anyway we skied lift line our first few. Lots of rocks, but good snow. Not a day for the new boards. The other two had better snow coverage, but were less challenging. <BR> <BR>After beating the crap out of myself keeping up with bud Jer. we stopped in to get some HOH, grubed down a few power/cliff bars and headed up to Heaven's gate. Spillsville was nicely bumped, but quite hard in between the bumps. Organgrinder had nice snow skiers left. <BR> <BR>To sum it up if you weren't skiing the Castle Rock area you had to ski the sides because most trails were real fast and bulletproof. <BR> <BR>All in all a great day. I was going to ski this morning, but my legs are dead. Should be over at Attitash on Thursday.

Back