Jay Peak, VT 12/27/99-1/1/00

WinSiegfried

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/2/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I have just gotten back having spent 5 days at Jay Peak. My family and I had a ball. Jay Peak supplied us with all the necessary ingredients for an awesome experience. Unlike other resorts, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The accommodations were awesome. We rented one of the Trail Side condos, which we liked very much. Mother Nature and Old Man Winter corperated with Jay this week. Jay Peak received 22-30+ inches while we were there. This allowed the ski patrol to open most of the mountain. They have 90% of the mountain open. They are also the only resort to offer Glade Skiing in Eastern North America. The temps were very cold, most commonly during the day it was in the single digits and teens. During the night the temps plummeted below zero and single digits allowing the snowmaking crews to do their job. The temps and the wind chills was the only dangerous part of the week, as frost bite occured if we were not careful. <BR>The new chair lift, The Green Mountain Flyer, is awesome. It really helps to balances the crowds around the mountain. The only negative thing I would say about the lift is it exposes you to the wind and cold as you reach the top of the mountain. The Ski School nicknames the lift the Green Mountain Freezer! <BR>I was very pleased with how Jay Peak handled the holiday crowds. They had awesome events for the whole family. The fireworks were probably one of the major highlights the week. <BR>I really recommend Jay Peak to any family who wants to ski at a family oriented resort. Well I have to get organized for school now. <BR> <BR>Happy New Year! <BR> <BR>Win Siegfried

Back