Wa-a-A-A-a-aWaCHOOsett (Wachusett) 1/5/00

Mark Renson

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/6/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>5 trails open after another thaw. An expected 15 for this weekend. To keep loose for an upcoming trip, I skinned up Ralphies Run then skied down. Well groomed frozen granular. I repeated the process for another run. Nice cold dry evening, lotsa' stars out.

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/6/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>I was there between 7:15 and 8:15 PM taking screaming super-G cruisers on a fairly rough but covered Conifer Connection trail (whalebacks, ice, some rock, but generally OK if rock-hard cover.) <BR> <BR>From the lift 10th Mt. looked like hell, but Smith Walton looked to be in decent shape (but closed for grooming.) Smith should be OK for the weekend, but sections of 10th were bare or open ice-fall (my favorite! :) <BR> <BR>Challenger had decent cover too, but Look Ma looked pretty thin & rocky. Only time + snowmaking (or snow?) will fix it. <BR> <BR>dana

Back