Hunter Mt., NY 1/13/00

Sean Mackey

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/14/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Hunter 1/13/00: <BR>We arrived late, about 11:30, and were very happy to see at least 4-5 inches <BR>on the ground. First run was lots of cut up powder, but a welcomed change <BR>from this years usual conditions. Second run was more welcomed, cut up <BR>powder. Most trails had some nice stuff on the sides. But, since this was <BR>the only cover in some places, there was the potential for major base damage <BR>(okay, the potential was proved). All skis are rock skis. <BR> <BR>The new snow was great. I did find that on the double diamond trails the <BR>bumps underneath were *very* solid, so you had to try and keep in the new <BR>snow and not touch down to the base. I found this to be tricky sometimes <BR>but this one patroller was rippin' these same bumps with no problem. It was <BR>really fun to watch. It was only my third time there, ever, so I can't list <BR>all the trails. Between the abilities in our group, we seemed to ski just <BR>about everything.

Back