Sugarbush, VT 1/14/00, Killington, VT 1/15-17/00

Garry

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/19/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Went to SB on Friday. It was cold. Only skied under the double that was running. There was fun snow. Soft windblown stuff, but I could only do one run then go in, warm up, then do another, then go in. The place was packed! <BR> <BR>Saturday, K was very crowded. The parking lots were full at the early hour of 10am when I got there. I parked in the front row with my preferred parking pass. When I got out of my car I looked up and saw Conclusion open and looking good. Snowdon is what I rode on most of the day. Northstar, Vagabond, Highline, Royal Flush (although closed) were all great with soft ungroomed snow. There was a small lift line at the Snowdon quad and triple and a huge line at the K-1 and Superstar chair so I rode the quad and triple with an occasional K-1. <BR> <BR>Conclusion is a double black and the left side had a large drop. The surface was a nice skier packed powder with wind drift along the sides. Interceptor woods were closed which made for fresh tracks every time. <BR> <BR>Sunday was the day! Snowed all day. My first run I hit the Skyehawk Headwall and I new it was going to be a good day. Next we found out that the thing that connects the first stage of the skyeship to the second was broke. That meant short (2-4 min) lift lines all day at the second stage skyeship. Heated and out of the snow. I could ski all day and not be cold. Upper Needles Eye along with thimble, and dreammaker are my favorites and were not crowded with plenty of pow. There was a pesky rope across thimble, and dreammaker but besides that they were a lot of fun. <BR> <BR>Lower needles had four seeded bump lines on the left and plenty of wind blown ungroomed snow and natural terrain features on the left. I went over to Bear Mountain, big mistake. Bear mountain lift was broke and the lift line at Skye peak quad was about 15 minutes. <BR> <BR>Ended the day with powder runs down superstar. The last run of the day I jumped the rope and poached the lift line. Got about 20 untracked turns in boot deep powder at 4:00. <BR> <BR>We left the mountain for the condo at about 430. Well, tried to leave. There was the biggest traffic jam I have ever seen on the access road. So big we turned around and went back through the lower parking lots to Rams <BR>Head then cut across into Snowshed parking lot and out by the Grand Summit Hotel to our condo. <BR> <BR>Monday- way too cold to ski. Looked at the bottom of my board and thought what a great day yesterday was. <BR> <BR>I don't think any of the marked tree runs are open. <BR> <BR>Mics. thoughts <BR> <BR>The new addition to the KBL bar is a godsend <BR>K was blowing tons of snow all weekend. Including lower Ovation. <BR>Dawg House has cool blown glass. <BR>Aspen East didn't want to give me my money back. <BR>Toad Stool Harry's is the most laid back place within 10 miles of K <BR>People all ski the same trails at K leaving the best trails alone <BR>Corner's Inn has the best food within 20 miles of K

Back