Mont Tremblant, QC 1/17-20/00

Wesley

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/22/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Our first visit to this storied resort. <BR> <BR>Left VERMONT Sunday: drove through snow <BR>Monday: -24C, 40-60km winds, 25cm new snow. Cool. Tuesday: -19C, no wind. Still finding powder. Warm enough for some cruisers <BR>Wednesday: -19C. Still finding powder. <BR>Thursday morning: -17C. Still finding powder. Drove home through snow. <BR> <BR>Tremblant now has some nine marked glades, and we practically had them to ourselves. I didn't ski a hard icy mogul all week, but plenty of soft cushy ones. Some of the longest non-stop cruisers in the east. Skinny little windy things, skinny little old liftlines. <BR> <BR>And my favorite, plenty of shopping. <BR> <BR>At the Kandahar Condos, Vickie thought we had the nicest on mountain accommodations we have ever had. Kitchen, dining room, and living room downstairs, large bedroom upstairs, two showers. We used the outdoor hot tub every night after skiing (especially fun with air at -30 C), then sat in front of the fireplace and watched FIS World Cup Ski Racing on tape in the VCR (and the fabulous CBC Monday night comedy lineup). Found a 10-base T ethernet wire behind the TV -- but does it work? I meant to bring my laptop, but it was forgotten in our Sunday morning haste. <BR> <BR>Ate two dinners at little place called La Savoie (one raclette, one hot rocks) which came well recommended, one breakfast at Catherine's Creperie, some soup and chilli for lunch at a tiny little soup and chilli place on Place St. Bernard. <BR> <BR>All in all, an awesome and memorable trip <BR> <BR>Skiing is good for you.

Back