Magic Mt., VT 1/22/00 & Okemo, VT 1/23/00

Crusty

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/23/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Saturday 1/22 at Magic was quite brisk with zero temps and a vigorous wind. Magic has been stuggling to open more terrain, but Talisman still isn't open. <BR> <BR>The terrain they have open is in better shape than last week, there was more powder shots, less ledge and other geology uncovered. The Red lift wasn't too bad to ride in the wind because it is in trees for the entire ride up the hill. The lodge had plenty of room for us to warm up. <BR> <BR>Sunday 1/23 was a Jeep Appreciation day at Okemo. Since I own a Jeep and like free lift tickets, I took a cruise over there today. The trails are generic at Okemo, but their snow making has deep coverage on most trails. The cool temperatures weren't to bad because of the lack of wind. <BR> <BR>The artificial snow at Okemo has allowed them to open 90 out of there 90 odd trails. The skiign was pretty good and the crowds fairly light. It doesn't suprise me that Okemo is eating ASC's lunch in Vermont.

Back