Mont Tremblant, QC 1/22-24/00

jdanilso

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/25/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR>Great skiing and wonderful resort! <BR> <BR>Skied Saturday (1/22) through Monday (1/24). Mostly packed and groomed slopes with a few inches of new snow on Sunday night. Horrific cold on Saturday and Sunday but low 20's on Monday seemed like a summer day. Crowds were manageable except for the 9am rush for the gondola. Other lift lines were either non-existant or very short. <BR> <BR>Best skiing was on the new versant soleil side. But, generally all slopes and all trails were open and all lifts running. I made many runs down the Cascades and Laurentieme runs with no crowds and lots of bumps. Monday was spectacular with fresh ungroomed powder early in the am. <BR> <BR>This place is quite a bargin and I'd recommend it for anyone in central East considering VT or ME. The prices are better (1 C$ = US .70) so for example, a daily lift ticket at C$49 works out to about $35; even cheaper if you purchase multi-day tickets. Flights from Washington, DC round-trip to Montreal was $221. <BR> <BR>One negative (from my son) is that the snowboard park is somewhat limited. They have a quarter pipe at the base and a half pipe and a few jumps off the rope tow trail (nb. there is no rope tow). <BR> <BR>A great weekend skiing that might even get better if this East Coast snow storm moves up into Canada.

Back