Mt Snow, VT 1/26/00

cd

<I>(Note from the Administrator: This report was originally posted on 1/26/00. Due to our move to new servers, the date and time attributed to this post is incorrect.)</I> <BR> <BR> Just like most other eastern areas, it was a stone powdah day at Snow today. They officially reported 12-14". I found some spots with more and some with (a little) less but that's close enough for rock n' roll (another inch or two fell during the day- some sun too!). Managed to get there within 1/2 hr of lift opening and there were plenty of minimally tracked trails, esp. on the north face. Trails got pretty hacked up over the next couple of hours but didn't affect me- the trees offered up boot deep (or more) freshies all day! Powder is just a little on the dense side as the storm flirted with warmer temps aloft near it's end, but no crusty stuff at all. Almost all trails open, even some 'official' tree zoneage. Best day out yet this season! <BR> <BR>BTW the lower part of Mt. Snow's front side is losing terrain daily to preparations for the Winter X Games. Be forewarned it could be kind of a mob scene at the base area during the period around the event, Feb 3-6. Unless you're into the spectator thing, might want to avoid Snow during the games (skiing-wise there certainly are places on the mt. to get away from all that, but parking and such could be a pain).

Back