Mt.St.Bruno Nov9 & St.Sauveur Nov10, 2003

Patrick

Finally Internet connection works...

Back in Ottawa after a few days in Montreal. I couldn't be at St.Sauveur for the first day (driving someone to the airport), but I was able to make it to St.Bruno for night skiing. I decided to add these reports after reading Frank and Max's reports on these places. Different conditions on different days.

MT.ST.BRUNO - NOVEMBER 9TH

It was my first time back at Mt.St.Bruno in maybe 30 years, I had to follow the light through the suburban street to find to the mountain.

Sunday night lifttickets are $10. The mountain opened at 5PM, I got there at 6:30PM. The Hill was pretty crowded at first (at least 200). Like Max said, there had open one blue-run. The condition were somewhat icier due to the skier traffic. At 9PM, the crown die down - mostly snowboarders remained. All in all, I had a pretty good evening of night skiing for November 9th.

MT.ST.SAUVEUR - NOVEMBER 10TH

Lifttickets: $26 day /$23 for 4hours (I think?). Today was much quieter than the previous day. The number of skier increased after 1PM when students with afternoon course (I guess?) started showing up.

Two trails opened: 70 West and Nordique. The hill especially the steeper parts got pretty icy around 2PM (All day Traffic and as the shade moved in). This was another great day.

Advice if you go there or anywhere: Start skiing early because what is soft is going to be scraped off in only a few hours (faster if there is a crowd).

Nicest part: Lower pitch of West 70, off the main groomed part with non-base. Just enough coverage to make him turns.

Do you plan to ski next weekend, Patrick ? I guess you will have to stay in Ottawa ? :~| <BR> <BR>On my side, I begin to consider enough seriously to ski MSS sunday morning, hoping to avoid the saturday crowd and have more snow made !

Frankly, I haven't thought about it yet, I just got back home yesterday afternoon. My daughter going to a Birthday party on Sunday. Weekdays would be more possible (until I get back to work in December). I would like to hit Ste.Anne at one point.

Back