Kids Ski for Free - grade 4, 5 or 6 :)

Patrick

I was going research for myself, so I decided that I might want to inform others in case they didn't now.

Generally there a program somewhere where 5th graders (or another grade) ski for free.

Kids Ski For Free from Family Travel Forum

This site list the different states with the programs. Sometimes it applies to 5th or 4th, both, resident only or not. The programs in each states are different.

I just sent an email for the one offered by the Vermont Ski Association to see if my daughter is eligible for it even if she is a non-US resident.

In Canada, there is the same program offered by the Canadian Ski Council.

Snow Passport for Canada

It's not listed in Patrick's reference, but California did have a program for 5th graders when my kids were that age.

ny has a 4th grade program.. both my daughters were enrolled in the program. we saved a ton of money. there was even free tickets for vermont , new hampshire and utah.. it was real nice when deer valley honored the coupon last year.

berkshireskier":3b8h7yez said:
Jason: My daughter is in the 5th grade and we're going to Utah in February. Where and how did you get the free tickets? Thanks,

Hi Berkshireskier.

In my post above, there are two links (greyish text). Here is what there is on Utah inside the first link.

Utah
Utah’s program, called the 5th Grade Passport allows a free lift ticket for a maximum of two fifth graders per each paying adult daily. Kids can ski or snowboard for free three times at each of Utah’s13 participating resorts (almost every resort in Utah, including Sundance, Deer Valley, Alta, Park City, and others). The 6th Grade Passport program allows students to ski or snowboard one day free at each of participating resorts. For more details, call 801/534-1779 or check http://www.skiutahlocals.com.

PS. There isn't any residency restriction for VT and NH. Got an email confirmation on it.

Thanks, Patrick. I did call SkiUtah to find out about the "5th Grade Passport" program. Apparently, kids in the 5th grade can get a "passport" that allows them to get a free lift ticket at participating resorts (some restrictions apply) when accompanied by a paying adult. I'm interested in the program because my daughter is in the 5th grade and we will be skiing in Utah in February. The one glitch is that they are not sure if the program applies only to Utah residents. I've gotten contrasting answers. The rules and conditions on the actual website say nothing about having to be a Utah resident to get the "passport" but some people have told me that it is restricted to only Utah residents. I may try to get one anyways. There is only a $25.00 processing fee that you have to pay and, if the passport is issued, the resorts do not know who is a Utah resident or not. You simply have to show the passport at the ticket window when buying tickets to get the free ticket for the kid. I did confirm this with the Deer Valley ticket services people.

berkshireskier":leblmwn2 said:
The rules and conditions on the actual website say nothing about having to be a Utah resident to get the "passport" ....
Great to hear.

Same for Vermont and New Hampshire, however it was confirmed via email that residency isn't required.

My daughter participated in the Utah program last year. She is eligable again this year (5th and 6th grades). We have season passes at Snowbasin and she skis on the Alpine team there as well. We only were able to use the free passes 3 times (Alta, Powder MT. and Wolf MT but for $15 it was still worth it.

Back