Cannon, NH - March 13, 08 - Day 2

Patrick

Thursday? After a 2-for-1 Wednesdays at Wildcat, it was time for Cannon 2-for-1. :D Total cost for 4: $60.

After driving about one hour from our Motel in North Conway, we made it to Cannon. I've rarely skied Cannon with such a clear sky. Started skiing with Morgane today. There was some fresh snow from the previous night, however when you start skiing after 10:30, you get less fresh tracks and more slick surfaces.

As the previous day, conditions were fast, however icy conditions were more present on main high traffic areas than at Wildcat. Entrance between Paulie's Extention and Avalanche surprised Morgane and took her down. This would happen a couple of more times when Morgane wasn't expecting icy conditions and making a hard turns or stop. Found some heavy powder on the side of Upper Cannon, beautiful packed powder on Banshee.

Cannon's more interesting trails like Upper/Middle Hardscrabble, Kinsman and Tramline were closed. Did a few runs like Ravine, Avalanche and Vista Way before heading to join my wife and Tara on the beginner areas.

Cannon beginner area is great. Totally separate with a couple of chair from the main trails which is a big + for not getting involved with high speed skiers passing through that can be real pain. Conditions were great packed powder and conduroy on runs on Deer Run and Moose Run. Wife ended up skiing the rest of the day with Morgane. They pretty much did all major open trails, I was suppose to ski one last run with Morgane with the camcorder, but the wife and I got are signals crossed. The worst part of it is that I saw my wife get on the Peabody express with Morgane at last chair at 3:58pm (it was too late for the top-to-bottom run I wanted to film Morgane anyway) and heading to take the Tram which was already closed. :roll:

When they weren't back after the Patrol finished their sweep, I realized what they had probably had done. Lucky a ski patrol called them a shuttle to bring them back.

Although I only skied 4 major runs, I had fun skiing most of the day with Tara. I believe I got around 3600meter in my day. I know Morgane really enjoyed Cannon as much as Wildcat.

Arrival toward Cannon without using the Interstate.

CANc-080313.jpg

The Tram

CANc-080313_0001.jpg

Morgane and the Tram. This was a first for her.

CANc-080313_0002.jpg

Morgane racing to catch the Tram again.

CANc-080313_0004.jpg

At the end of Paulie's and Mt. Lafayette across the notch.

CANc-080313_0003.jpg

Tara and Caroline in the beginner chair with Cannon Mtn in the background.

CANc-080313_0005.jpg

Heading to the green land.

CANc-080313_0006.jpg

Morgane and Tara skiing up of these wonderful green runs.

CANc-080313_0007.jpg

Back on top with Morgane and the Tram.

CANc-080313_0008.jpg

Graph of the day.

First few runs with Morgane then Tara on the beginner zone. One last run with Morgane before our lunch. The rest was with Tara on the network of greens and finally the smaller beginner chair next to the lodge hoping I could tag up with my wife so I could ski and film Morgane on a top to bottom run.

cang-0801313.jpg

Back