Eastern Closing dates 2007-08

Patrick

Okay, Killington is giving us a date (I've mentioned it in the apocalypse thread), so I decided to get this thread started.

I want dates that are officials or that have been mentioned...not guesses.

QUEBEC:

Val Neigette: April 6 (at least - TBD)

Mont Adstock: April 13
Mont Kanasuta: April 13
Bromont: April 13
Mont Gleason: April 13
Mont Castor: April 13
Val d'Irène: April 13
Mont Blanc: April 13
Chantecler: April 13
Mont Habitant: April 13
Mont Avalanche: April 13

Belle Neige: April 13 (possible)
Mont Avila: April 13 TBD
Mont Olympia: April 13 TBD
Mont Gabriel: April 13 TBD
Morin Heights: April 13 TBD
Edelweiss: April 13 (if possible)

Mont-Garceau: April 13 (probable closing date)
Mont Orford: April 13 (later TBD)
le Valinouët: April 13 (maybe more)
Mont-Garceau: April 13 (probable closing date)
Le Massif: April 13 (extending further weather permitting)
Mont Comi: April 13 (extending further weather permitting)

Massif du Sud: April 20
Tremblant: April 20
Val Saint-Côme: April 20
Camp Fortune: late April (if possible)

Mont-Sainte-Anne: April 27

La Réserve: May 3 (if possible)
Mont Saint-Sauveur: May 4 (if possible)

Mont-Alta: TBD
Mont Chilly: TBD
Mont Sutton: TBD
Mont St-Bruno: TBD

NH:

Waterville Valley NH: April 13
Loon NH: April 21
***Wildcat: May 4

VT:

Mad River Glen VT: April 13 (maybe 20 OR more)
Stowe VT: April 20
Killington VT: April 20
Okemo VT: April 20
Jay Peak VT: April 20 (at least)
Sugarbush VT: April 20 (???)

NY:

Whiteface NY: April 13 (maybe more)
Gore NY: April 20 (at least)

ME:

Saddleback ME: April 20
Sunday River ME: April 27 (weather permitting)
Sugarloaf ME: May 4 (maybe more)

Give me your dates...

edit: last update April 3, 6:45pm

Loon is April 21st. They extended
Sunday River is April 27th weather permitting. :D
Waterville extended to april 13th.
The Loaf loaf had May 4th posted as its closing Date on the electronic bill board last weekend. I expected that to be extended. :D
Okemo extended until April 20th yesterday.

Those are the "extended" dates? Wow :shock: Is Loaf the only ski area going into May this year in New England? It will be sad seeing areas close up for the year with 100% of their trails open in April.

Rumors are that the bush will make it to May. They need to justify the spring pass. ie selling it again next year. I would guess a mid week shut down and weekend openings.

The May 4th date for the loaf may end up beign the end of daily operations and then the they move to weekeknds as well. No firm info, but many rumors. I still have no doubt boyne opened 1st they want to close last.

I still think a few places will extend until the 27th to cover the mass maine and part of nh vacation week. I'll be a the loaf if open mid week last week of april 1st partial week of May for my kids vacation week.

Many of us have been pusing fo the River to open for one weekend in May also. Not sure we will win that one.

riverc0il":2ay4zksm said:
Those are the "extended" dates? Wow :shock: Is Loaf the only ski area going into May this year in New England? .

Extended all of them in Quebec except MSA (fixed date) and MSS (cannot go further due to scheduled work). Some of the ones that I haven't listed don't have a fixed date, so there's a potential for some to make as long as possible (I'm thinking Bush and the Cat) like last year.

riverc0il":2ay4zksm said:
It will be sad seeing areas close up for the year with 100% of their trails open in April.

It will be sad if local ski areas close with my backyard still covered in snow, however I've heard that some of them might be pushing their season as long as they can. The question I have is the CAN, financial or snow related? :? BTW, there is still over 2-3 ft in my backyard, more for the snowbanks. 8)

1st post has been updated. BobR, I thought that the May 12 was more than a rumour?

Keep the info coming.

riverc0il":qju4l2t2 said:
Those are the "extended" dates? Wow :shock: Is Loaf the only ski area going into May this year in New England? It will be sad seeing areas close up for the year with 100% of their trails open in April.

alta I believe closes April 20th. We have a BASE of nearly 160". Talk about all trails being open...Just how the industry works I guess.

M

Patrick I think the loaf may even go to the 3rd weekend in May. just they had May 4th clsoing date on the information boards last weekend.

Anybody have any idea about whiteface or gore? I have two unused vouchers... If I can't use them I wouldn't want them to go to waste!

rfarren":1l5s2q0t said:
Anybody have any idea about whiteface or gore? I have two unused vouchers... If I can't use them I wouldn't want them to go to waste!

Whiteface is open daily until the 13th then...this is from their website.

Finally, whiteface will be open daily until the 13th of April; our snow depths right now is huge! Winter will never go away it is still a winter wonderland. Shortly we will determine our season extension. It is favorable that we will open the following weekend, but we will be sure to keep you posted!

BTW, I would be more than happy to used the vouchers for you? :wink:

stevey":20yhtrdn said:
Jay Peak?

From Jay's website:

19: Pond Skimming
TBA: End of Season Party

So it's safe to assume that they will make it least as late as April 19th.

This is from Wake on ZS.

La Réserve QC is looking to open weekend until April 13th then Saturdays only until May 3rd.

Alta ( QC) will stay open as long as "the boys" keep showing up . Today was a loose powder day on hardpack . Great, for the last Sunday in March . If the temperatures stay on the cool side we could easily have another month.

Jay had on signs at all the lifts today saying:

"Open daily though the end of April"

So no date... but we can always hope for 26-27th and then weekends of may! :D

Last year Jay went until April 28th. Snow depth seems better this year, let's hope demand is appropriately correlated.

riverc0il":1w3fzlc2 said:
Last year Jay went until April 28th. Snow depth seems better this year, let's hope demand is appropriately correlated.

Stateside parking was full today. Despite all that, lines were never longer then 5mins... A beautiful day at the mountain... a racoon mask will shine on my face at work tomorrow morning!

Saddleback has announced 4/20.

Last chance to ride the Kennebago T-bar. They have also announced plans to remove it and install a chair this summer.

This is what Saddleback has to say about their development plans:

"The long hoped-for replacement of the Kennebago T-bar will take place this summer with the installation of a new 4 passenger Doppelmayr CTEC Quad Chairlift. The 2705 ft. lift will have a vertical rise of 1000 ft. and will provide access to 13 trails and glades: 5 double black, 6 black, 1 blue square and 1 green circle. For the first time, lower level skiers will be able to experience high elevation skiing from the summit on the easier 4400 ft. America Trail.

"Snowmaking is being added on three trails: America, Governor and Dazzler.

"A new trail will be added to the east of the Warden's Worry trail, bringing the total top-to-bottom black diamond trails and glades in this high-elevation bowl to 11, making it the largest self contained advanced skiing facility in the East.

"Also being cleared this summer are the trails and lift line for the proposed Magalloway Quad Chairlift which is expected to be built during the Summer of 2009. This lift will provide Ski In/Ski Out access to the Magalloway East private home site development, now available for sale. Half of these lots have already been sold.

"Saddleback continues on its way to becoming Maine's next big mountain ski resort--while retaining Saddleback's unique character and environment."

loafasaur":1hg8onbb said:
This is what Saddleback has to say about their development plans.

icelanticskier":1hg8onbb said:
great, another good ski area about to get ruined.

Although I have never skied at Saddleback, I've seen many mountains transformed in my lifetime. There is always something lost. I'm afraid that icelanticskier might be right to be pesismistic about the plan.

loafasaur":np2obxol said:
"The long hoped-for replacement of the Kennebago T-bar will take place this summer with the installation of a new 4 passenger Doppelmayr CTEC Quad Chairlift........ For the first time, lower level skiers will be able to experience high elevation skiing from the summit on the easier 4400 ft. America Trail.

It's sad that skiers are getting so soft they can't ride a T-bar unless they're "advanced". Even a long, steep T-bar isn't that tough to ride. Sheesh.

Back