Just a simple TR just to say Wow...
Simply amazing groomed conditions. Perfect Packed Powder Corduroy on the two different runs I skied. Mind you temps were between -26c in the am with -39c windchill, the hill will remain in great shape, but we also received a bit of snow earlier in the week.
First race of the season, turned into the parking at 6:30pm with a nice -28c.
Did maybe two warmup runs down Zoomer the usual run for our race. Tonight we had a treat, the GS course was set on Streif.
The racer in me =
My back injury =
Streif is pretty impressive trail a recreational racer. Fun course.
One run for course inspection and one run free ski followed by my 3 timed runs. Not a single patch on ice even on the steep pitch, way better conditions than last Sunday a few miles south at Cascades.
No speed suits for tonight, but a few of us removed our big coats in order to impress and play mind games with our opponents.
3 straight runs without a jacket, just a vest. Back to the top to get my jacket, I was about to get back on the HSQ...but I decided to call it a night for my toes (starting to freeze) and my back. In the bar at 9pm (for the awards and door prizes
), got home at 11pm.
Satisfied of my night overall (times could have been better, but with the lack of skiing and back issue), my time was improving every run. I was a bit stiff at first, but the back survived. Iced it when I got back home.
So for those keeping track, that's 2 hours, 8 runs x 200m with 0 powder. http://www.ottawamasters.ca
Speed Suit Rule
When the ambient temperature at the time of registration drops below -20 C, the use of speed suits shall be banned. Dress warmly. Women, however, are still encouraged to wear speed suits in the bar after the race.
Race Cancellation - Weather
Race will be cancelled if, at 15h00 on the day of the race, Environment Canada posts an ambient temperature of -28C (or lower) either at the http://www.weatheroffice.com
web site, or at the 998.3439 info-line. It is the responsibility of the racer to check these sources on race day - Chances are Gary might not be able to post a cancellation notice on the web site by 15h00.
I wasn't sure if the race was going to happen, notice Vorlage didn't have any night. Camp Fortune had lights also, I couldn't really see Cascades on the drive up. I saw that Edelweiss isn't opening tonight.
Last edited by Patrick
on Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.