Get ready for a Gore/North Creek interconnect

Resort and backcountry skiing and snowboarding in eastern US and Canada, including our famous reader-submitted No-Bull Snow Reports.

Re: Get ready for a Gore/North Creek interconnect

Postby Harvey44 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:59 pm

James... Emily mentioned that the high-res map was going to be posted today...I was hoping to post it with an answer to your question. No luck.

My understanding is that while there are lots of new lines on the map, the only additional lift-serviced terrain will be Eagle's Nest. It's the trail that connects Pipeline to the bottom of the new BR Quad. As I see it the primary impact of that connection depends on how flat Pipeline is...I've heard from some it's an XC ski...but I don't know if that is above or below the Eagle Nest cutover. If the Pipeline/EN connection isn't a chore (and they put in snowmaking) it will improve access to the BRQ and makes laps in the Tahawas trees easier.

If you leave a car at the Ski Bowl, and the coverage is there*... other possibilities exist.
NYSkiBlog.com
Harvey44

Postby Harvey44 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:48 pm

NYSkiBlog.com
Harvey44

Postby rfarren » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:41 am

I don't know how much that will improve the mountain, but it will be nice to access the mountain from North Creek.
Rob
rfarren

Postby jasoncapecod » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:49 am

Is the Adirondack Express new?
jasoncapecod

Postby Mike Bernstein » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm

jasoncapecod wrote:Is the Adirondack Express new?

I think the captions on that map are wrong between the Gondola and that ADK Express.

Regardless, it's not new.
Mike Bernstein

Postby jasoncapecod » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Your right..It's labeled wrong...
jasoncapecod

Postby skimore » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 pm

rfarren wrote:I don't know how much that will improve the mountain, but it will be nice to access the mountain from North Creek.

Maybe if your intentions are to stay on the lower half. 4 lifts to the summit isn't so appealing
skimore

Postby rfarren » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:26 pm

skimore wrote:
rfarren wrote:I don't know how much that will improve the mountain, but it will be nice to access the mountain from North Creek.

Maybe if your intentions are to stay on the lower half. 4 lifts to the summit isn't so appealing

Very true.
Rob
rfarren

Postby Mike Bernstein » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 pm

skimore wrote:

Indeed. It's unfortunate they are unable to go beyond the summit of Little Gore/North Creek Ski Bowl up towards the summit Pete Gay mountain. That way, it would be three lifts to the summit, with skiing between each of them, not ot mention opening up a huge swath of north facing terrain for slackcountry exploration. Alas..
Mike Bernstein

Postby skimore » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:18 am

Mike Bernstein wrote:
skimore wrote:

Indeed. It's unfortunate they are unable to go beyond the summit of Little Gore/North Creek Ski Bowl up towards the summit Pete Gay mountain. That way, it would be three lifts to the summit, with skiing between each of them, not ot mention opening up a huge swath of north facing terrain for slackcountry exploration. Alas..

Depending on which 4 lifts you choose to get to the summit you really have no skiing except connector trails. The only real skiing you would get in was off the Burnt Ridge lift down to the Gondi.
skimore

Postby jamesdeluxe » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:12 am

Sorry for the dumb question (I'm a Gore know-nothing) or if it was covered earlier in the thread... didn't the previous gondola go to the top, or am I thinking of a different ski area?
jamesdeluxe

Postby kcyanks1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:15 am

jamesdeluxe wrote:Sorry for the dumb question (I'm a Gore know-nothing) or if it was covered earlier in the thread... didn't the previous gondola go to the top, or am I thinking of a different ski area?

The previous Gondola did go to the top of Gore, as did what used to be call the "Summit" chair and is now shorter and called the "High Peaks" chair. I think they are discussing the Burnt Ridge area though not the summit of Gore Mountain.
-Kenny
kcyanks1

Postby Admin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:23 am

That original gondi came out years ago.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby rfarren » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 am

Admin wrote:That original gondi came out years ago.

That old gondola was pretty neat/scary. Kinda like an old wooden roller coaster. I think they still have one of the cars at the base of the resort.
Rob
rfarren

Postby jasoncapecod » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:25 am

old towers and buildings are still on the mountain
jasoncapecod

PreviousNext

Return to Eastern North America