Edelweiss QC, January 9, 2010

Patrick

After a nice race Wednesday night, it was my daughter's turns to do gates. :ski: Unfortunately for her, it was definitely more challenging conditions, tempwise.

The program starts at 9am and when we turned into the Edelweiss parking lot, it was a nice and warm -21c. There was a GS course set on Zoomer unfortunately the HSQ opening was delayed. Hiking would be required to access the top of Zoomer, but I don't think the trail was official open until the chair opened. :roll:

My daughter's group got in and I rushed into the boutique to get her some HotShots for her feet. That was the first time I ever bought this type of stuff. It seemed like it worked well until in the early afternoon. My wife and Tara headed out at around 10:30am and did a few runs. Snow conditions when still pretty good, firm, but not icy.

Snowmaking was in full operation to get the steeper Strief trail open, so it's definitely going to make the skiing more interesting if I manage to ski a few runs without my youngest. My wife had a hardtime staying warm by simply following her, I just did a bunch of really short turns. It was the only way to get warm.

It was the team's potluck, so once their day was over, the kids from the program went to the tube park run by the ski area. It was much warmer, temperature was know a warm -15c.

Back