Edelweiss QC, Wed night at the races January 13, 2010

Patrick

EMSC":2nfajkvp said:
you need to keep us appraised on the cumulative beer wager tally for the racing season.
Beer tally... 2-0 \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Really pumped about this evening. Great conditions and pretty good race too. Turnout was about 50.
Pretty strange, there a good crowd at the mountain tonight.
Just had time to wax my skis when I got home which meant I was going to skip supper again.
Left home earlier than usual, but hit traffic leaving the core toward the suburbs.
Did inspect the course.
Temps -10c with freezing fog (not really rainy) + snow guns cloud heading up the lift. I kept my googles in one of my jackets when I wasn't racing on the course in order to have then ice free.
GS course on Zoomer which is 10-12 seconds longer than last week ran on Slalom at Fortune.
I only skied a few runs down Zoomer however conditions were packed powder with all the snowmaking. Really nice to carve. Course on the other hand was getting chewed up real bad (not an issue when we're racing on ice). My second run felt like I was on a roller coaster, I got angry with myself. Third was way better, close to my 1st run results.
However only had 2 runs after the race, my feet were frozen plus I wanted to collect on my bet. I would have skied more, but I was also hungry. The only negative about tonight, was the bar was no longer serving Nachos (or must of the food on the menu).

It's going to be challenge to duplicate this result next week. Going for 3 beers in a row for a slalom at Cascades.

Come join the fun.

http://www.ottawamasters.ca

Taken from the Ottawa Masters website.

Race 2 GS Edelweiss in review
Yeah! The 2010 season is shaping up to be a banner season for the Ottawa Masters. Another field of 50 racers.
The drive up was fine despite the drizzly freezing rain. The new hwy 5 extension makes Dominique really happy and speeds up the drive significantly. My attitude has always been, if you plan on going skiing, go. Don't bail because the weather is looking iffy. Last night was no exception as the skies cleared, the wind dropped and temp raised to a balmy -4.
Ron Kunstadt Crushed the competition yet again! The Kneissel White Star he is running will be inspected and measured by the jury. Two races in and he's already looking like the 2010 skiers champion. Can he keep up his attendance? Will next weeks SL be good for him? Is there no one that can challenge his mastership? Treasurer Bruce McKay knucked down and turned on the jets but came up short and had to settle for second place. Reigning Champion Benoit Bernier was thanked for coming out.
the race started on time. Even Andy Mason was on the grid for first run. The 2010 season is a never ending source of amazement for me. With amazing weather and snow conditions. It was a great atmosphere at the start, skiers prepping skiis, stretching and rivals making the last bets on who beats who.
Temp -8C. Snow Conditions: Excellent. No wind.

Back