Vorlage QC, Wed night racing, February 17, 10

Patrick

Another night at the Ottawa Masters Racing. Best Masters racing league around. :mrgreen:

This was our first and only stop at Vorlage this season, the flattest stop on the Ottawa Masters' circuit + it was the Annual Ladies Night where Ladies race for half price. $8 to race + $10 lift ticket...that is way cheaper than the cost of night skiing.

http://www.ottawamasters.ca
Ladies Night is Coming up
Don't Forget next week, Wed Feb 17, is Ladies Night. Ladies race 2 for 1. or $8.00 - Just to save Dominique the hassle of bringing a bag of quarters to provide .50 change. Great ladies only prizes.

Great prizes....massages, skis (two pairs were given away) and a bunch of other prizes. For $18...every ladies won something last night. If that isn't a great deal, I don't know what is?

What about the skiing?

It feels like it's April now...snow is definitely thin in town and the snow drought has continued. We received about 5cm of snow yesterday. Temperature was hovering at around -1c from my house to Vorlage last night.

Surprisingly enough (again - I should now better), the hard surfaces became a real nice packed powder. So good that a bunch of racers continued skiing the flat, 140 meters vert hill a few times after the race was finish. That doesn't happen often, people are usually in a hurry to collect on their beer bets. 8-[

What is my score so far this season... Beer won: 2; lost: 3 and 2 draws due to someone not showing up. They would have to shoot me out of a cannon for me to do well here. Actually, I was satisfied with my race with my new skis. The person I bet against did even better, but I don't think I've ever beaten him at Vorlage.

Many big guns didn't come out, they don't like the hill or the stubbies. Vorlage is the only stubby race. I guess that if some don't pay full price, you don't get full gates? So it was a great night and great change when you didn't to carve the hard surfaces to enjoy so much.

To be fair to the ski area, Vorlage is the best family areas in the Outaouais. On the Ontario side of the river, Pakenham is probably the ultimate beginner area which makes Vorlage terrain look like Tremblant. :-o

Thin snow , that is for sure . Saw reports that natural snow depths in the Outaouais is down to about 6" . This must be some type of record for mid February. Probably what lead to the relocation of the Canadian Cross Country Ski Marathon that took place last Saturday /Sunday.

Patrick,

How is the snow out Quebec this year? My sister out in Whistler has been going nuts, like she is drinking nano silver colloids as of late, calling me on the daily to remind me that Canada has the best mountains. I realize Quebec is far away, but having little to no experience with the mountains that direction I was curious to know what the average winter is like for you all? Might it be worth the trip?

Back