Mad River Glen - March 16-17th 2005

Patrick

Back to MRG...

What a huge difference since my last visit in late January (Powder day with no base). Conditions were amazing. After a day skiing at Stowe, we returned back to Montreal to get my oldest daughter (7yrs).

Started the day skiing Quacky. I seldom look at these runs when I ski with friends, it's a shame. This run was fun and full of moguls. My daughter loved it.

In those two days, I didn't get to ski Paradise, Fall Line or some off-piste stuff, instead we stayed with my daughter and had a blast. Catamount Bowl, Glades, Waterfall, Antelope (Upper and Lower) (she definitely didn't like the last part of Lower :? ), Slalom Hill, Quacky, Porcupine, etc. She never skied so many moguls in all her life and she loved it, she wanted MORE (something that would make joe proud :wink: ).

Winter snow conditions still prevail at that time. Lose Powder to be had by all. Corn snow was only found at the bottom of the Sunnyside chair. Coverage was excellent, best conditions of the week.

Patrick , If you like skiing at MRG you should take advantage of their Mad Cards where if you purchase them before Oct. 15 they provide a free full season pass for any kids 12 and under. We have three kids 12 and under so it is a great deal. Our kids have been skiing MRG for a few years and can't get enough of the place. Check out their web page for details.

Sounds like your daughter is good enough now to appreciate Mammoth, even in June. Lots of moguls then, but soft and forgiving.

Anthony":16yadazn said:
free full season pass for any kids 12 and under. We have three kids 12 and under so it is a great deal.

Thanks Anthony, she's already has a MRG pass the last two seasons.

Yes Tony, she would probably love the West, but I will wait a few years before spending that much money to bring my daughter along. They can sometimes be unpredictable at 7. :roll:

The year Adam was 7 he skied 24 days. Spring break was to Crested Butte, where he skied the North Face, Telluride (his first powder experience, plus lots of long mogul runs like Spiral Stairs), and Durango, where he won his first NASTAR gold medal. It was my now ex-wife, not the 7-year-old, who was unpredictable (charitable description) on that trip.

Adam also hiked the 10-mile Yosemite Falls trail in May of that same year.

Back