Vermont Snow Updates 2010-11

Good point from Pat. Burlington had a storm of the century this past season so I could see them reaching a third highest total.

riverc0il":1qn4e0fq said:
Good point from Pat. Burlington had a storm of the century this past season so I could see them reaching a third highest total.

Which resulted in the biggest floods on record (over 150 years) down stream. Over 3000 homes flooded for 6 weeks down in the Richelieu Valley. I believe there was also some important flooding in the Champlain Valley. The water just receded 3 weeks ago.

Tony Crocker":2hfrvvcn said:
jossecarr":2hfrvvcn said:
this year's season is the third snowiest season on record.
?????? I have 103% for Jay and 99% for Killington. That's about as average as you can get. Sugarbush at 123% is highest percent of normal for Vermont this season. The 2010-11 eastern ski season was good from a qualitative perspective due to low severity of winter rain and thaw events.

The last sentence of the above post is bizarre.

I thought Killington was a few inches over their average? They're claiming 263" and the average is 250". Like usual, that count includes October snow that melted back to dirt.

There weren't a heck of a lot of epic powder days. It either came down wet, windblown, or 6" at a time.

I usually exclude
Geoff":36qhwqlh said:
October snow that melted back to dirt.
October snow counts only if you get to ski on it. That meant Utah and northern and central Colorado in 2010-11. I did count it in Vermont in 2005-06.

Back