Tremblant January 3 ,2011

Anthony

Writing this report from Tremblant , now my regular readers (thanks kids ) know that I hate Tremblant but we are on site for a family reunion (not my choice ) . Pulled into the old village last night to find that the new Irish pub was closed , not a good sign .Looked around no snow on the ground ,what else is new. This morning Tremblant advised that they received 3 inches of snow . :rotfl: :bs: more like a trace. The hill advised about 40% of the runs were open . The snow was frozen solid and full of death cookies,just great , All after buying 4 lift tickets at a discount for $250.00 : ](*,) . Told everyone never book eastern skiing in advance listen to Tony . First run going down on a easy trails with extended family when all of a sudden some guy barrels into me , saw him at the last minute and had to straight arm him just to keep him off.(have bit of a sprained arm now ) Felt like I was returning a kick off. Managed to get him off of me and dumped him to the side in a heap as no way was I going down . Managed to find a run in the afternoon that had good machine snow to somewhat salvage the day , however probably the most dangerous day ever spent on a ski hill with all of the out of control skiers. Overall the Laurentians are in the same condition as Patrick reported just to the west of us north of Ottawa. We need feet of snow to put things on track .

Wow... you would expect a bar closed at Edelweiss Valley, but at Tremblant??? Bad signs for sure. :lol:

At least all I can say about my day yesterday was the only cost was the gas for a total of 70km (return trip) from home to Edelweiss. That is wife I said to my wife to stay home with my other daughter.

Back