Camp Fortune QC – Wednesday January 26, 11: Back to Fortune

Patrick

Links inside this post that be found on Ski Mad World.

Back to Fortune…Second slalom of the Masters’ season, races number four.

As in the Townships and Vermont yesterday, it had been snowing lightly across the Ottawa region for the past two days. No huge accumulation, but enough to make for great snow conditions. Temps had warmed up to -10c compare to the deep freeze of the last few days.

A slalom on Slalom which felt very short after last week Master course on Zoomer. Tonight race was close to 25 seconds shorter than the last race at Edelweiss. Regardless of the length, I felt sore from my full day at MRG the previous day. Great conditions to freeski, however the course was getting chewed up with each run. Once in the third run, you had to tie your seatbelt to stay in the course, much of us where being bounced around and we were navigating the gates, it didn’t helped that it ended with the extremely tight gates just before the finish.

Another race, another victory over my betting partner. 3-0 plus a non-show for last week race. Is it going to last?

The night tales of the clock: the results.

The Prez’s summary:
43 racers started. Actually, Carolyn Mitrow started us. Carolyn took a tumble at Edelweiss and is taking a short break. Heal quickly and come back us, oKay? After a -20C weekend it warmed up to a balmy -10C, and with no wind, it was a beautiful evening at the top.

On the Mens board, Marc-Andre-Bode-Cloutier DNS’d which left Ron and Bob to duke it out for domination of the leader board. In the end Bob narrowly edged Ron for the goal. But it was not enough to wrest the Yellow bib from Ron.

The race is tight with 115 points separating the top 5 racers. A win is good for 100 points so any absentee can cost the leaders position. There are very exciting battles happening in the middle of the pack too. 6 points seperate Mark Somers, Eric Kunstadt, Brian Blew and Pierre Pelletier I know these guys will be eyeing each other – Somebody will buying somebody something at the bar after the ski is over.

Camille Leclerc is tearing up the beer points winning back to back to back beer points again! Her domination of the Beer Board is unprecedented. We’ll be sending her to AA if she keeps this up. We should just buy her a pitcher and be done with it. Aaron Porter and Ccarmen Hamilton have swapped positions a couple of times and only 17 points separate them.

Over to the Ladies, it’s good to see Karine Devost out again. Karine scored a hat trick taking the last three races handily. But it’s not a strangle hold. Only 120 points differentiate the top 5. Like last year attendance, will determine the winner.

Originally posted on Ski Mad World.

Back