TUCKERMAN RAVINE 2/24/11

icelanticskier

my vacation has provide me with some amazing days on george the past 5 days. 30k vert of earned turns since monday. yesterday was very nice and per usual, deserted.

today was a deep up high pow day. no other souls around. amazing.

pics from yesterday, my touring partner took them and added words.

Heading to the LC booter:

IMG_2297.jpg

Really, barely a cloud to be seen - as least before noon:

IMG_2298.jpg

Rog about to get first turns in RG:

IMG_2300.jpg

RG and Lip:

IMG_2307.jpg

Rog making the Lip look like a bunny slope on run 2:

IMG_2309.jpg

I packed two of these for post-bowl consumption at Hojo's - the "extra" gravity made the Sherby that much easier...

IMG_2314.jpg

Note: This beverage only recommended for BC use, it tastes a lot worse when consumed in civilized locations

rog

icelanticskier":2rull3ty said:
spectacular place with amazing terrain. never gets old. c'mon over for a tour sometime.
One state at a time, he has to get out of NY first. :mrgreen:

NIce as always Rog. I'm never jealous (we live with our choices in life), but I'd love to get away from the fake groomed icy snow that we've been skiing on locally. Ah, the life of a ski racer dad. :ski: :-" Her season is almost over, only 2 more weeks until the regional champioships.

kingslug":2jjyu6po said:
Andy Z and I plan on coming sometime in April..will be my first time..looks amazing...

nice! it is amazing. skied another ravine yesterday and today in pow conditions. didn't see another soul either day, and today was a busy vacation week saturday. blows my mind.................still. :shock:

pics later from today.

rog

Back