killington 2/27

kingslug

Decided to take the bus trip from hell...its just really a long day but totaly worth it!!..Got there at 10.00 on the hill by 10:30. They got 5 inches over night and it was still snowing which it did most of the day. met Andy Z and V at Superstar. I was lamenting that I didn't take my powder skis..this changed when we slid down a sheet of ice at the headwall...once in the run it was better... powder bumps on top of an icy base. This turned out to be the condition of most of the place but just made it very interesting. Off to the Canyon area where we hit a bunch of those runs...even took a run down the Double dipper glade which either of us had ever done..nice...another run down Royal Flush which is a natural run..this one was a little tougher. We split up so I could bomb the rest of the place. I went from one end to the other and back again. Hit Outer Limits which was very skied off on skiers left but had the usual big bumps on the right. Watched a Mogul competion on the left which just amazes me how fast they can go..then throw back flips...I though Devils Fiddle was closed but found an entrance through the woods..not before launching myself off 2 bumps avoiding a rock...and almost rocking myself to death..actualy saw stars when I landed..upright thankfully...The Fiddle, which I have never done was a tough one as the bumps where all over the place and huge..but there was a lot of snow in there...didn't do any cliffs...I'm a ground based slug. Ended the day at Snowdon for some easier bump runs..well Northstar wasn't that easy as my legs where shot...then 5.5 hours home ...where I got to watch..3 Jake Galafinsomethigorother movies...oh the bus tour was from Snowbird ski tours...cheapest way to ski vermont..95.00 total!
Most interesting run..the Jug..very long, natural, rocks, ice, powder.....

Back