Hunter 3/20..3/21

kingslug

Started off the morning solo as everyone bailed..their mistake!!! Hit the hill at 10:00 as I wanted it to soften up a bit..and it did. hit all the usual suspects then ran into Jim g and carl and a friend of theirs...now it would be an interesting day. Upper x over was in good shape as well as lower k..these guys are the guys to follow when you want to improve your bump technique. As the day wore on the snow corned up perfectly..the bumps on 42nd street where great to noodle around in as well...ran into 180 and his cadre but by then we where getting a little worn out so we really couldn't hang in the bumps with them...they ..can ..do...bumps!!! needed some food by then as well...after it was time to hit the west side..down Wayout to check it out..looks good..turned out to be better than good ..corn all the way ..and they groomed skiers right of the donut..never seen that before...lapped that until they closed it a little after 3:30...a few more runs on the face..Racers was great all day..and we where done...time for food then snooze time at the Kat club..

Monday...oy..woke up to a blizzard...hairy winds, snow coming down...crap visibilty..so I waited till 9:30 then ventured out...oy! imagine Pluto with chirlifts...the planet Hoth...as it was also devoid of life..maybe 20 people milling around. the hard freeze overnight did a number on the whole place..but I went out anyway..pockets of snow then ice..at least groomed ice..but it was very tough the first hour..then it got better..much better..it warmed up, the snow stuck..even got a tip that Huegas was good..man it was good..ripped lap after lap on almost untouched pow all the way down..nice. Soon the whole place was skiable except minya and east side drive..and clairs..but everything else was good to go...made it 3 hours until the heavy snow wiped me out..but it was way better than I expected..sun came out a few times as well...with more predicted for the rest of the week...take a chance....very few dry spots so it should be good to go for the foreseeable future....

Kingslug ... how many showed up on Sunday, and Monday?

How is the coverage?

Sunday no more then 5 minute lines..Monday..devoid of all lifeforms.....coverage is great , very few bare spots...and with this weeks cold snap....more for later...

Back