EC Closing Dates 2011

rfarren

I see that Hunter is planning on closing this Sunday. The Bell is planning on staying open until at least this Sunday. I understand this is a business, but there is a ton of snow left on the ground. If the weather stays relatively cold, which it's supposed to, I may just hike it if it closes that early. Anyhow, this is making me wonder when the areas are going to close.

So:

Hunter-4.10 (perhaps longer, but unlikely since they are already selling all tix for $25)
Bell-4.10 (at least)
Wildcat-4.10
Please add on to this list if you know more.

Thanks for the getting that started Rob. I normally have the time, but if you know where I work won't be surprise why I don't have much time to take care of this thread:

Here are the days I've heard.

Tremblant QC: April 10
Bromont QC: April 10
Camp Fortune QC: April 10 (at least)
Mont Ste-Anne QC: April 24
Massif QC: April 24
Mont Sutton QC: as long as possible
Mont St-Sauveur QC: as long as possible

Mount Sunapee NH: April 10
Waterville Valley NH: April 11
Loon NH: April 17
Cannon NH: April 17
Bretton Woods NH: April 17
Wildcat Mountain : April 24 (at least)

Whiteface NY: April 17

MRG VT: April 10 (at least)
Jay VT ???
Sugarbush VT
Stowe VT
Killington VT: May 1

Sunday River ME: April 24
Sugarloaf ME ???

Marc_C":2iwavolk said:
The Mt. Ellen part of Sugarbush is already closed.
Soulskier should take note of this. There is a lot of snow up there, and these mountains are conveniently located near the most densely populated corridor in the country, yet, the interest in the sport wanes by most everyone but the most fanatical by early April (even though EC skiing is close to it's best right now). This clearly demonstrates how razor thin the margins can be in a seasonal business like skiing.

I emailed Smuggs and the response says Madonna closes after Saturday this weekend and they'll have Sterling only for Sunday. Seems kinda weird, no? They didn't say that this Sunday was their last day but based on the response, I think it is safe to assume this is it for Smuggs.

rfarren":2adwxqry said:
Admin":2adwxqry said:
rfarren":2adwxqry said:
What is the policy about hiking places after they close?

Varies.

Is there a database to look that up? I would like to hike hunter if they aren't open on the 16th.

A database? You're kidding, right?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Admin":2c8p5ndu said:
rfarren":2c8p5ndu said:
Is there a database to look that up? I would like to hike hunter if they aren't open on the 16th.

Rob could call all the areas and inquire about their policy then create the database he seeks.

Marc_C":81rw7gka said:
Admin":81rw7gka said:
rfarren":81rw7gka said:

Rob could call all the areas and inquire about their policy then create the database he seeks.
I'm not a data miner...that job is better suited for Mr. Crocker.

rfarren":2tr3dnf5 said:
Marc_C":2tr3dnf5 said:
I'm not a data miner...that job is better suited for Mr. Crocker.
That's not data mining, that's data collection. Consider it a public service to the ski community. :wink:

rfarren":2u96irct said:
I would like to hike hunter if they aren't open on the 16th.

Not sure if it's "allowed" but I remember pics from a hike up/ski down at Hunter in June a few years ago.

Harvey44":102izocs said:
rfarren":102izocs said:
I would like to hike hunter if they aren't open on the 16th.

Not sure if it's "allowed" but I remember pics from a hike up/ski down at Hunter in June a few years ago.

I might not have to hike it if the Bell is open, which could happen. We'll see what happens, but I would like to get at least 1 or 2 more days in without having to spend money on a hotel.

Tremblant is adding another week, the new closing date is April 17th.

Not much skiing in April for me again this year, the days where I'm not working is going to be the 10th, 16th and 23rd.

Don't think I'll go skiing on April 16th then come back in time for the Pixies. I had prebooked some time off for NYC (which wasn't canceled) on April 20-21. Working on the 30th, but not working on May 1st.

My schedule is all open for May, so... :popcorn:

Patrick":z4043wsq said:
I had prebooked some time off for NYC (which wasn't canceled) on April 20-21. Working on the 30th, but not working on May 1st.
If you would like some recommendations on food etc... let me know.

Back