Sugarloaf ME, May 8 2011 : First the Corn then the Butter!!!

Patrick

Three weeks later. TR has been written a while ago for once, but I was waiting after the digital pics. Can't blame the photographer, he was leaving for one week in the Gaspe and North Shore. Priorities you know.

Sugarloaf ME, May 8 2011 : First the Corn then the Butter!!!

After a one month hiatus due to work, I was getting back on boards this weekend.

Not sure where I was going? St-So, Jay or Loaf were the only three lift served ski options in the East. So it was … St-So, Jay, Loaf, Saint, J, Loaf, St, J, Lo, seins, J.Lo..les seins à J.Lo??? Oups!!! It’s a place also well revered, but for it’s Spring skiing. Definitively not the Tetons Mountains and not St-Sauveur.

After almost a 3 hour drive from Ottawa to Lucky’s house in the Eastern Townships, the choice was now clear. I was going to put a Loaf on my lift served season. The plan didn’t necessarily include Lucky, he had his own decision to make as he was torn between the Daks and coming along with MadPat. I told him I was heading for Sugarloaf, he had two bags ready according to his final decision. At 6:30am, he was driving my car (I wanted to save myself from driving to Maine then back to Ottawa that night).

To continue...click on link.
http://madpatski.wordpress.com/2011/05/ ... he-butter/

In terms of quality, Sugarloaf sure looks like the best lift served spring skiing in the East to me.

Tony Crocker":xq49fj1w said:
In terms of quality, Sugarloaf sure looks like the best lift served spring skiingin the East to me.

I've been saying it for years prior to them pushing their season into May. Best May terrain available hands down (with the exception of Mt Miller which probably didn't suck either). Although some of these turns where off-limit. 8-[

Back