MEMORIAL DAY @ TUX

icelanticskier

sunny day with great corn snow all day, even if a bit dirty. place was empty. great day spent with a couple of close friends sharing turns, beers, and generally just celebrating a great season and life in general.

i spent the morning surfing perfect waves at rye rocks on the new hampshire seacoast before skiing all afternoon at tux, a SURF N TURF kinda day.

http://vimeo.com/24575915

plenty of skiing left. nice how far 200 inches of snow will go round here. will ski 10 months this year hitting all 4 seasons up high nh.

rog

Interesting. Surf and ski out here is usually ski in the morning, particularly in late season. Snow looks well skier compacted, an advantage of Tux having so many people.

Tony Crocker":29ncr7hr said:
Interesting. Surf and ski out here is usually ski in the morning, particularly in late season. Snow looks well skier compacted, an advantage of Tux having so many people.

funny, i almost went back out surfing in the evening as i had the time, but decided to drink beer instead. nice to have a 6300 foot mountain that we can ski so relatively close to the ocean.

snow is skier compacted in there, but other areas that i've skied this may that have seen no traffic or freezes for weeks still ski perfectly well due to wind/weather compaction all winter/spring. nice to never have to time stuff or wake up early.

rog

Wind is an excellent compaction agent, as observed at Mammoth. That probably helps out spring snow surfaces in the Presidentials.

Back